Monday 19 January 2009

My idol, My mentor

"There is always a woman behind a successful man". We all have heard this famous quote.But there is no woman behind my success.One minute,you must be wondering that what success am I talking about? Who am I to talk about success? It is like choota muh badi bat. But whatever meagre I have achieved till now, is very significant for me.

It is not always easy for a lad of a small town, having no support for him in terms of educational help(like tutions,coachings, because of lack of availability of these things in the area), to get admission in engineering. Well, I don't say I have done a good job, being in this kind of college, I should have done better to be able talk about these things, yet efforts were put in great deal, what it could have at that time, in the crave for something better.What I have achieved, It is not that much bad. But it could not have been possible without a great man, to whom I always admire. I haven't met Dhirubhai Ambani, Bill Gates and other greats, but he, not being anyone of these above famous and very successful personalities, has always been a constant source of inspiritation for me. He was the only one, who constantly kept the fire inside me always burning. He was the one who gave me a dream, which I am living now. A man of few words, but very effective words, he gave direction to me whenever I was lingering around among many confusing paths of life, which could have consumed me to lead me astray, had he not been with me. A conversation of even very few minutes with him is well effective to change my thoughts about the mooted topic.

Now you must be thinking who is he? He is my maternal uncle, my mamaji, who is in the field of s/w industry for 14-15 years. As a boy from very small village, he has achieved so much in these years that everyone in his village tells his children to follow him. But people like him are not always easy to pursue, as efforts has to be put like them, not a cup of tea for everyone.

So I can say that "there is a man behind a successful man" in my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment