Wednesday 30 June 2010

One Year of Corporate Life

Today is 1 July, 2010. The date marks the completion of one year of corporate life for me. Since I joined Rave Technologies as my first company last year, things have changed a lot, including me. That Ghaziabad college boy is now a software developer in Mumbai. I have become more distant to my family, hence more unreachable. Until last year, I was one phone call and 4 hours away. Now, still one phone call, but 20 hours.

There are lot more things that have changed. Friends have been replaced by colleagues, seniors by mentors, teachers by managers. In college, if you don’t go to classes, you will get more time with friends, hence more fun. But here, if I don’t go to office, I will be alone, no one to be with, no one to talk. Apart from that, you can’t choose not to go to office at your will, it depends on your manager’s will. He’ll choose whether you can take a day off or not. But the more difficult and strange thing comes now. In college, you call a guy one year senior to you Sir or Mam. It looks that you are giving respect to that person, but you are doing it because you are told to do so, and that person knows it. But here, you can turn it around. The person may have as many years of experience as your age, but still you call him/her by name. It looks that you are showing no respect to him, but you truly respect him for all his knowledge and experience.

There are few more things. A few bucks given by parents for monthly expenses have changed to a bigger amount of salary, but still you find it tough to meet your expenses. The list of changes may go on, but here I leave to discuss other things for the next time…

P.S. You may also put comments to share your views about this experience

2 comments:

  1. brijendra singh1 July 2010 at 05:40

    congrats dude...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey wow nice lines........congratulation chirag...all the best for future.

    ReplyDelete